Privacy Notice for California Residents
Effective Date: 2021.08.05
1. Information We Collect
– Identifiers such as IP address, name, date of birth, contact information (such as email address, postal address, phone numbers);
– Internet or other similar network activity information such as website, application or advertisement browsing history, device model, OS version, device and information about the device that you accessed;
– Professional or employment-related information such as work experience, employment and education history, referrals or references, and any other information you provide relating to a job posting (such as information included in your resume or cover letter);
– Education information such as education background collected during the application process.
If we collect personal information from you within the scope of your employment, please note that type of personal information falls outside the scope of the CCPA.
2. Purposes of Collection
The above personal information was or will be used for the following purposes. We will also notify you and obtain your consent if and when previously collected personal information is used for any purpose other than those listed below.
– To manage our Sites, including inquiries and requests received from you through the Sites (e.g. through a Speak Up session, in response to a partnership inquiry, during the application process, etc.);
– To assess potential job applicants and progress through the recruitment process;
– Conduct analyses and develop reports of engagements and market trends of visitors to our Sites;
– Prevent, detect, identify, investigate, and respond to potential or actual claims, liabilities, prohibited behavior, and criminal activity;
– Comply with and enforce legal requirements, agreements, and policies; and
– Achieve purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
3. Personal Information Disclosed to Third Parties
We may provide service providers or third parties with certain personal information for business or commercial purposes. Within the past 12 months, we disclosed or shared each of the following categories of personal information with the following categories of third parties. We have not “sold” personal information to third parties as that term is defined by the CCPA.
|Categories of Personal Information||Categories of Third-Parties to whom
Personal Information Was Disclosed
|Professional or employment-related information|
|Internet or other similar network activity information|
4. California Privacy Rights
You may exercise the following rights at any point in time in connection with your personal information. To exercise such rights, please email us at email@example.com.
Please note that at least your email address will be required to submit a request. If you exercise your rights via email, you must specify the right(s) you wish to exercise.
We will verify your identity and respond to your request within 45 calendar days. If necessary, we can take up to an additional 45 days to respond, for a maximum total of 90 days from the day the request is received, provided that we notify you to explain the reason for the delay.
|Right to Access||
You have the right to request the following information up to two times within a 12-month period.
|Right to Request Deletion||You have the right to request that the personal information collected from you be deleted.|
|Right to Opt-Out of Personal Information Sales||You have the right to “opt out” by requesting that your personal information not be sold in any form. However, we do not sell personal information.|
|Right to Non-Discrimination||You have the right to not be discriminated against for exercising your privacy rights under the CCPA.|
|Rights for California Minors||Minors under the age of 18 have the right to request the deletion of and/or obtain information posted on websites such as forums or bulletin boards.|
|Shine the Light||You have the right to request the categories of the personal information that we disclosed to third parties in the last year for their direct marketing purposes and information on the relevant third parties. Furthermore, you may also request that your personal information not be disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes.|
5. Authorized Agent
You may designate another person or entity (“authorized agent”) to act on your behalf in connection with your request for rights that are guaranteed by the CCPA. An authorized agent is a natural person or business entity registered with the Secretary of State to conduct business in California that you have authorized to act of your behalf to make a request to know or to delete.
In order to use an authorized agent for your request, we require that you provide signed permission to your agent, using the form available at [LINK]. Your authorized agent can submit a request to know or delete by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org attaching the signed permission.
The above requirement does not apply should your agent have a power of attorney pursuant to Probate Code sections 4000 to 4465. Please note that we may deny a request from an agent that does not submit proof that they have been authorized by you to act on your behalf.
6. Contact Us
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice for California Residents, or about exercising your rights described above, you can contact us by email at email@example.com.