PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS KICKS OFF 2023 WITH THE 21.2 UPDATE
- Date2023. 01. 11
Below is a detailed breakdown of major updates coming to PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS with Update 21.2. For more information, please view the full patch notes HERE. Survivors who want to preview the new content can do so today on the PC Test Server.
- Vikendi World Updates
- Chill Out! – Mother Nature is back wreaking havoc upon Vikendi once again. With the 21.2 Update, players may find themselves face-to-face with the Blizzard Zone. Once players enter the Blizzard Zone they will find themselves moving slower, receiving consistent damage per second, hindered sight and sound, and vehicles will be harder to maneuver.
- Secrets to Explore – Along with the Blizzard Zone comes new secrets for players to explore with Secret Rooms. These Secret Rooms are located throughout Vikendi and players who obtain a Security Key and open the rooms will be rewarded with various high-tier items.
- Open for Repairs – Additionally, Repair Kits are coming exclusively to Vikendi! If players find their armor, helmet or vehicle has been damaged throughout the match, they can use the new Repair Kits. Helmet and Armor Repair Kits will repair them to full health, while the Mechanic’s Toolbox repairs 500 health for vehicles and can only be used while inside the vehicle.
- Care Packages for All – Finally, Multidrops are set to arrive in Vikendi! Similar to Taego, multiple care packages holding high-tier weapons, armor, consumables and more will randomly drop throughout matches.’
- Sanhok World Updates – Following player feedback, numerous changes are coming to Sanhok. First, Ascenders have been added to Cave and rock mountains, and Ascender attachments will be provided as starting items for players. Additional bridges connecting the northwest island to Bootcamp and Ruins have been added for easier travel across the map. The water area around Ruins has also been made deeper for players to swim across. Finally, sand terrain has been added to certain areas for easier traversing.
- Winning Matters, Even in Training – The Arena was recently introduced in a previous patch to Survivors for the Training Mode. Now players can showcase their dominance over friends or rivals with the win streak! Winning streaks in the Arena will be recorded after the liver server update and a tied result will not affect a streaks progress.